Friday, April 1, 2011

maya sling


when i was pregnant with greta, my friend tierney gave me a maya wrap/sling for a baby shower gift. she had told me how fantastic it was, and that i would love it. and then greta came and i tried to use it, but always felt like i was doing it wrong. it felt like too much fabric, and greta often seemed fussy or unhappy in it. so i tried a few times and then put it away. with otto, i wore him in a couple of other types of slings/wraps, but i don't think i ever attempted to wear him in the maya. i felt so guilty for not putting this sling to good use, but thought maybe it just wasn't for me. but this time around, i knew i would need to have both my hands free as often as possible to chase around otto and greta. so i went to a babywearing class at park + vine, determined to get comfortable with the maya. well....i have. and it's AWESOME. AWESOME. it is great...i feel like selma is so secure in it and it really frees me up to get things done and she is always so happy and content when she's in it. so, three and a half years later, thanks tierney. you were so right!!

1 comment:

tierney said...

I'm so happy you have found some comfort from the sling. You both look beautiful and at peace!