Monday, March 26, 2007

Week 9

Well, okay, week 9 doesn't start until tomorrow, but I figure I can cheat a little and post now. What's so great about week 9, well, it just means that we've only got about 3 more weeks until we can start telling people, as we said we'd wait until just about the end of trimester one.

I've started to read 'AlternaDad' a book by Neal Pollack, an American Satirist. It's about his turning from the laid back, do whatever you want type of guy to a father. I picked it up as an alternative to the basic baby books. But, although I am only 1/3 through it, I am enjoying it quite a bit.

I don't think I'd ever qualify as the 'slacker' type, but the idea of going to baby gap to dress my children is about enough to make me want to drink. I am 100% ready to alter my life and make changes for the family, and specifically for our baby, but I also reject the idea that having a kid means you have to detatch from everything in the real world.

So as to avoid a really, really long post, I am going to break it up into several topics based on the first 100 pages that i've read so far.

No comments: