Monday, July 30, 2007

slowing down....

it's official. i've started to slow down a bit. i've always been a person who moves at warp speed. in college, the group of guys who lived in the apartment below us used to say that they could tell which one of us girls was home because of the way it sounded when we walked. i guess i sounded like a pack of elephants RUNNING through the apartment. always moving quickly, with a purpose. i definitely still move with a purpose, but at a slower pace these days.

joe looked at me last week and asked me if i was slowing down. i think it was the heavy sigh when i lifted myself off the bed that gave it away. i have been SO lucky with how i have felt during this pregnancy, so i guess i should feel blessed that i am only now beginning to feel it. and it makes sense....i AM carrying another person around all the time. its like a permanent piggyback, except on the front and with a very, very small person. but still. in chicago this weekend, i sat down every chance i could. we were walking around millenium park and i keep stopping and needing to take a break.

so, if you see me out and i seem like i'm moving a little slower, it's because i am. and i am definitely using it to my advantage. this might be the only time in my life where i ask joe to go to the kitchen and get me a bottle of water, a glass of chocolate milk, and my prenatal vitamin and does. i think he just knows how long it would take me.....

No comments: