Wednesday, June 15, 2011

productive parenting

being a mom is hard. being a GOOD mom is harder still.
as a stay at home mom, i treasure all my mom friends but i am really so very thankful for the other stay at home moms. the ones who make me feel sane, or who can relate when things get crazy and all we can do is wait til naptime to take a breather. high on my list of favorite mom friends is anna. we don't see each other that often, unfortunately. maybe that has something to do with the fact that between the two of us, we have six kids under four years old. SIX KIDS UNDER FOUR.

anna is an awesome mom with some really great kids. and she's hilarious. don't believe me? then go to her blog and read about how she put her 3 month old in timeout. :)

anyway, anna is writing and blogging for a very cool website called productive parenting. it's a website FULL of quick and easy activities to do with your kids. and i love it. anna asked me if she could interview me for the productive parenting blog and i was thrilled to be a part of it. check my answers out here:
http://productiveparenting-emily.blogspot.com/2011/06/mom-feature-meet-melanie.html

and then go check out the website here:
http://www.productiveparenting.com/

i can't wait to use some of the activities i've read about!

1 comment:

SSG Buckley said...

Mel, that is an awesome article. I wish you would have shared the "follow the child" idea with me years ago. Or if you did and I didnt listen, im sorry. that sounds like a good idea to help a parent and child connect when words arent possible. the whole tantrum when they are tired or hungry is so universal. I can always tell when my boys are hungry or tired, they are easily angered. That is so wonderful that you were recognized for your parenting! Congratulations.