Thursday, May 17, 2007

Happy Mother's Day to Me!

i don't think i realized that i would get to celebrate my first mother's day this year, but apparently other people did. i got cards at work and in the mail, hugs and flowers from friends, and gifts from my mom and from my husband. pretty cool really. 29 years of celebrating that holiday for my mom (who deserves every second of it) and watching other people celebrate it. and finally i get to celebrate too. for myself. it's funny that i've wanted to be a mom for so long and then when my first mother's day arrived, it felt normal. it felt right, like nothing was new or different. makes me excited for next mother's day, when this baby is on the outside rather than the inside and we can celebrate together. joe got me a body pillow for a gift, which is quite possibly the best gift he could have given me. i snuggled that pillow like we were old friends, and had one of the best nights sleep. now i have to come up with something just as perfect for father's day. i think i've got an idea.

1 comment:

John said...

Well Congrats! Happy belated mothers day.