Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Kids Music

So, I figure I'm a solid 3-4 years ahead of schedule with this topic, but it's one I care about. I actually already bought my first 'kids CD' that's put out by some fantastic Bloodshot Records artists.


The Wee Hairy Beasties are a collection of really cool musicians like Jon Langford and Sally Tims. The CD is actually pretty cool, and although it's witty and poppy, it's not overly silly like your average kids CD tends to be. It's an interesting subject for me. Is there cool music, music that's actually good, that you can have your kids listen to and actually like. Or is there something about kids music that sucks kids in that that no 'adult' music can ever possibly do? I don't think so, and I feel like there has to be some sort of balance.

The Dad Labs tackle this issue as well, and they talk about a balance of music and introducting your kids to 'adult' music, but also allowing them to listen to and enjoy some kid music.
Take a look at the video....

No comments: