Saturday, October 13, 2007

Hey All - Thanks for Visiting MY Blog

Just thought I'd say HI! Mom and Dad created this cool blog for me, and I just couldn't wait to get here and add in my thoughts. Not sure I was digging the whole Mary Lou nickname, so I am glad I'm finally here with my real name Greta Josephine Hansbauer. Seriously Mom/Dad, if my last name wasn't hard enough, you had to make my middle name Josephine? It took me 10 minutes just to type that and spell it right.

Anyway, I thought I'd share with all of you some pictures from my first day outside my mom. IT was pretty crazy day... Mom went in for a normal check-up, and the doc went all crazy on her and made her go to the hospital to check her blood pressure and draw some blood (and geez, after my time in the nursery today, let me tell you needles are no fun!)

Well, the results came back with some sort of low blood count, next thing I know, they're pushing and pulling on me and yanking me out through mom's belly... that is not how I was told tihngs were going to go... but oh well I'm here now. This picture was right before it all went down.. you can tell because Mom is still smiling, she had no idea what was coming next!



And here is one of Dad... can someone tell me if he always dresses so fashionably?



And here I am... all 7 lbs, 10 oz, and 20.5 inches of me... I sure wish I could have gotten cleaned up a bit before my first picture got posted on the web... oh well... I guess that's the life of a superstar.



And what would a first day be without some visitors? I can't wait for tomorrow... I am looking forward to meeting all of you... and I know I'll get to meet a bunch of you, as the phone was ringing off the hook as the word started spreading! Here are some pics of me with Mom, Gramps and Grandma. See you all soon!!!

Greta Hansbauer

4 comments:

Jessica said...

Welcome to the world Greta! You are beautiful. Your uncle John and I can't wait to come see you. Be good for your mom and dad and try not to wake up too much in the middle of the night.

Unknown said...

Greta! You look greata!!! We are so happy you have decided to join us early. You look beautiful with your dark hair and sweet pink skin. I cried when I saw your picture. Your friend Quinn (you'll meet her sometime soon) is trying to say something:T5r6g6ge4e666666666666666666666666666 okay, not sure what that means, but hopefully you'll understand baby talk.
Be a good girl. Eat, sleep, and stay healthy. It will make your parents even happier than they already must be.
Love
Erin, Jeremiah, & Quinn

jprg4evr said...

I'm looking forward to meeting you in person. Just in case no one else wants the job, I can teach all kinds of fun stuff that are what I call a legal "grey" area.

mimi said...

Your pictures and blog took my breath away. Sharing in your life was a gift I will forever treasure. May Greta extend even a portion of the joy you brought to our family.

Loving you always and forever,
Mim

The shear excitement of knowing you had yourself a baby girl was awe inspiring. I could not be happier for you, the new mommy and daddy. I know for a fact she will always have the best care, love, and fun bestowed upon her.

Love you all very much,
Lauren