Thursday, September 27, 2007

"work" it out...

last but not least, i had one final baby shower a few weeks ago thrown for me by the ladies at work. my job is great, but it's especially great to work with a bunch of women who love children and love babies and be pregnant. everyone takes care of you, wants to truly know how you are doing, how you are feeling, etc.

two of my coworkers, jena and amy, threw this shower for me. it was so fun, and the meatball hoagies were delicious!! they had the shower at jena's house, which was the perfect place for all of us to hang out. and jena just had a baby a little over a year ago, so i got to get a sneak peek at what my life (and my house) will look like very soon.

it was great to hang out with everyone outside of work. jena and amy did a fantastic job with the shower. everyone got together and gave us a whole bunch of gifts. and probably because jena just had a baby, the gifts were EXACTLY things we still needed. i had gone to our baby registry a few days before the shower and made myself a list of all the "essentials" still left to get. and it was almost like they saw my list and used it when they shopped for my presents.

a very fun shower indeed......now if we can just get everything washed and put away before the baby arrives....

1 comment:

John said...

Okay i just have one simple comment about the last thing you said. If you wash everything and put it away, take a picture, remember how it looks, its the last time it will look like that. Not that its a bad thing but its something you can bank on. There will always be more laundry and things that need to get to their drawer or shelf or heck things that still need to make it to the hamper. Everyone with kids knows the day before the child arrives is your last day of true organization. After that your playing catch up. I hope you have everything you need and if you still need something let someone know, we like doing nice things for babies.